Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's all a mystery to me...

Today is the day..the day I figure this blog site out.  I've had a travel blog for years that worked well and was quite easy. It's on a different platform.   This one is a mystery to me but I shall overcome..

I wouldn't bother with this site except I need a place to post my photos of progress made on a new quilt project.  Do I need a new project? NO!!! But, I've jumped in and started Bonnie Hunter's new mystery Easy Street. I just couldn't resist a project with this name given the handle I use online..and, the name I chose for this blog.   (I'll add a link when I can get to my computer.  It seems I need to download an app to do that on my iPad, sheesh.) Anyway, the mystery has some great colors and grey as a neutral.  You'll see when I get that link up, lol!

I'm so proud of myself because I took the time to find a tool I've had for a very long time but didn't use much.  I think I acquired it when I first started quilting.  It's the shape cutter.  Kind of a weird name but I think it's called that because you can cut different shapes by crosscuts, etc.  I just used it to cut my subset 2"" pieces. As usual I'm jumping ahead.  Let me start in order of steps.  I first cut 20 2" strips of my grey choice and then 20 strips of black prints on white usung my 2" Accuquilt GO die.  I then sewed the strips (one grey to a black on white) and then I cut the strips using the shape cutter into 2" sections.  Lastly, sewing two subsets together fir a fourpatch.  The process took about an hour and a half or so...with a break or two to check on dinner.  I finished about a third of the 192 four patches needed for Clue one.  I'll have them all done by tonight.  I promised dh I'd go to see Skyfall today otherwise I'd be sewing all day.

Maybe I'll even get some sewing room organization done today...hmmm.

Quiltingly,

Susan in FL




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments but I do review before they are posted. Thanks for stopping by.