Tuesday, December 16, 2014

On a completely different adventure

I started this adventure because I saw a quilt published in the back of Quiltmaker Magazine.  It was just the quilters use of three of the plates to Quiltmaker 100 Blocks.  I thought it was a challenging design since no pattern was given...just the individual block details by three different creators.  An additional incentive was that I had overflowing bins of batik scraps and some batik yardage I wanted to use.  So, off I went.  Block 1 was no problem.  I like it.  Block 2 was a challenge and block 3 was awful since it was way beyond my skills.  Here it is as a WIP.  It's put together as a top now and being sent off to a long armer.  All I can say is, what was I thinking?


I ran out of the original Batik background and had to improvise.  Block 2 and block 3 had MANY pieces and points in each 12.5" block.  We'll see how the long arm quilter deals with all the bias in the on point block settings.  It was a challenge for me that I didn't fully appreciate when I began the project. Hopeful for a happy ending....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments but I do review before they are posted. Thanks for stopping by.